A few weeks ago my amazing husband finally finished my long awaited entry table/ikea knock off couch table and I am in love. I have been super busy with school so it has kinda just been sitting there blank and lonely for awhile. Not anymore. Since this table is my make-shift mantle I am going to be decorating it for every season/holiday and what better to start with than Halloween? Plus I finished a little basket I have been working on for it so here is a little Step by Step with pictures of the finished project and decorated table.
Mail Basket:
Supplies: Goodwill basket ($1.00), Four Different pieces of scrapbook paper, Scissors, Mod Podge, Pencil and Brush.
*I am not blessed with a Silhouette or a Cricut so I have to do letters the old school ways, stencils, pencil and scissors. It's ok, keeps my hands strong!
Step One: I picked the pages I wanted to use and the order I wanted to go in then I got out my handy alphabet clearance stencils and traced onto the back of the paper. I had to really be careful to trace it the correct direction since I was going onto the back of the paper.
Step Two: Cut out letters.
Step Three: Mod Podge Letters onto the basket.
So Cute! Easiest craft I think I have ever done. I should have mentioned that basket was previously a faded green color but I sprayed it Krylon Ivory. My favorite color to spray stuff!
And here is my little Halloween vignette, I have way more stuff but didn't pull it out this year. Christmas shall be spectacular though!
I am currently debating what baskets I am going to use in the lower sections of the table. I debating between a couple at IKEA and Target. Which do you guys think? (P.S. The paint finish looks awful in this picture but really very nice in person).
IKEA NASUM Basket $14.99 ea.




No comments:
Post a Comment