I have been taking a photography class and along the way have found a DEEP desire for a cute camera strap but my limited budget keeps me from buying one of those cutesy straps out there! So... I decided to make my own! Out of that was born:
Thirty Minute Quickie Craft (A New Weekly Post!)
Ready, Set, Go!
Step One:
Select Two Complimentary Fabrics. I found this gems on sale at the Lobby! I also decided to include the super cute Ric Rac I got at PYP.
Supplies: Yellow Flannel (Back or the part that touches your neck). Brown and Multi-colored Diamond, Front, Ric Rac for embellishment, Strap to Cover, (Cream felt pictured because I lined the first one I made BUT I found I didn't like it so I will not include it in the instructions.)
Step Two:
Cut one 25 inch length of both fabrics with a width of 3 inch. With the remainder I also cut out fabric to make a lens cap pocket. I cut the Ric Rac in 3 inch segments to embellish the lens cap pocket.
Step Three:
The Sewing! I took zero pictures of this process because my sewing machine and I fight a lot but I did take one of both pieces midway through. First I sewed the pocket right sides together along the bottom and up both sides. I literally made a little pocket that I later attached to the finished strap. (How did I attach it? How did I sew the Ric Rac on? I didn't because I cheated and used one of my favorite products ever, Fabric Hot Glue. Yup, I said that!)
*Midway: Let me point out, sew down the "hem" before attaching the pieces to each other, a little step I skipped the first time and it really messed me up!
Put the long strips right sides together and sew those pups together (making sure you did the "hem" first). After each side is sewn its time for the magic. Turn it inside out! Attach the pocket with trusty Fabric Hot Glue (Seriously it will change your life!) Voila! Beautiful camera strap cover in less than thirty minutes!
The Finished Product.
Ahhhhhhhh (hear the singing?)
Happy Crafting!


Great project! I like the little pocket for the lens cap. Very handy. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I love the ric rac!
ReplyDelete